Largo de São Domingos1150-320 Lisboa
Two steps away from the Praça D. Pedro IV (Rossio), the Church of São Domingos was built in the thirteenth century and has since been subjected to countless renovation works that changed his medieval traces altogether. It was here that started the Lisbon Massacre of 1506, when hundreds of Jews were found guilty of causing the drought and plague ravaging the city. With the Palace of the Inquisition nearby, it was from this church that those convicted of heresy were taken to the Rossio Square for execution. Now it is known to preserve part of the scarf of the shepherd girl Lúcia and the rosary of the shepherd girl Jacinta (Fátima). The interior, beautiful, suffered a devastating fire in 1959 and only reopened in 1994. The facade still bears the scars of the tragic accident.