MONUMENTS & HERITAGE
IGREJA DO LORETO (DOS ITALIANOS)
IGREJA DO LORETO (DOS ITALIANOS)
MONUMENTS & HERITAGE
Located next to the Chiado square, on the corner of Rua da Misericórdia, the Church of Loreto was built in the sixteenth century by the community of Venetian and Genoese merchants; it was destroyed by fire in 1651 and restored after the earthquake in 1785. A project of José da Costa e Silva (author of the São Carlos Theatre), it has a central nave with 12 side chapels, covered with Italian marble and decorated with statues of the 12 apostles. The main façade is Our Lady of Loreto.
MAP
ADDRESS

Largo do Chiado, 2

1200-359 Lisboa
38.7106691, -9.1428344
CONTACT
(+351) 213 423 655
TAGS